It's been quite some time and quite some changes in real life. But I do apologize for the lack of news mostly due from me being very, very busy. ;) What happened since last time? A lot of technical fixes happened, when I was active or helped by authenticate, endoalir, bmorel or SuiteCake. (Thanks guys!) - Project reorganization: I turned Valyria Tear github into an organization. I also turned luabind into a submodule based on the quite good luabind fork by Oberon, and adapted it for c++11. (Still need to work on that part to make it accepted on upstream.) I also moved the editor in its own repository which permitted some more simplification. - A big leak killed! The most noticeable change is that I killed a few days ago a very nasty bug that was there from the beginning, making the lua threads never freed from memory. This means the game won't end up anymore swallowing gigs of memory for nothing and crash due to some memory overflow. - And other niceties! Moved to C++11 officially!
Battle animation fixes to scripts, ...
Simplified battle computation functions.
Auto-battle implementation with the help of SuiteCake
Added a menu to call any kind debug scripts
Fixed background image resizing by authenticate.
Removed the need to write texture to disk when resizing the context by authenticate.
And a lot more of bugfixes by everyone!
The ultimate plan is to work on the few features still lacking to make the game more interesting in term of strategy and nicer to players.
Then, a full game rebalancing will be done based on everyone advices.
There is still quite some work to do but we're getting there!